Last month I set myself a goal of reading 7 books in October, and I did read seven books – just not the ones that I had planned to. In October, my biggest reading challenge was to read the first book in the A Song of Fire and Ice series which I finished on the 29th, go me! All in all, October was a relatively good reading month for me. There were books that I just devoured in a few days and then there were books that took me a week or even longer to read. I enjoyed most of them, though some not as much as the others.
This is what I read in October:
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- And I Don’t Want to Live This Life: A Mother’s Story of Her Daughter’s Murder by Deborah Spungen
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
The books that I didn’t read from my last month’s TBR will be moved to November’s reading list. Also, I have a couple of library loans (such as City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare) which I want to read before they expire. And then there are naturally the new books I bought in the Helsinki Book Fair. If I’d combine all of these titles, my list would have 12 books and – to be realistic – I’m not going to achieve that in November. So I picked seven titles that I want to read in the month of November.
My November TBR includes:
- City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
- You Had Me At Hello by Mhairi McFarlane
- The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through The Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
Last month I promised to bake a celebratory cake if I finished all of the books that I planned to read. This month I have no title that reaches the epic length of A Game of Thrones but I highly doubt I’ll manage to read all of these books in one month. Thus, I will make the same promise again.